What are you willing to pay above MSRP? - Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures
Pontiac Solstice Pontiac Solstice Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures > Solstice Talk > General Discussion

SolsticeForums.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-22-2004   #1
Chip

Question What are you willing to pay above MSRP?

OK, we are all waiting for more info. or pictures, or anything now, but when that salesguy looks you in the eye and smiles (that sales guy smile ) then tells you about the market adjustment that has been added to the bottom line. How much more than MSRP are you willing to pay? Will you keep your resolve when that new shining Solstice is sitting there on the dealers showroom floor? Sure you will...
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2004   #2
nyca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip
OK, we are all waiting for more info. or pictures, or anything now, but when that salesguy looks you in the eye and smiles (that sales guy smile ) then tells you about the market adjustment that has been added to the bottom line. How much more than MSRP are you willing to pay? Will you keep your resolve when that new shining Solstice is sitting there on the dealers showroom floor? Sure you will...
my offer is this - nothing. The chrysler dealer network killed the Crossfire with these practices. I was going to buy one, dealers wanted $10K over sticker. Everybody walked. Now, they can't give those cars away. They totally destroyed the initial group of people who were enthusiastic about the car.

Pontiac should take a lesson from the new C6 - going for MSRP, even $500 below. The Chevy dealers could gouge on the initial C6s, but they know they have to sell this car for many years and can't afford to have prospective buyers walk.

GM should enforce the same kind of pricing practices they do at Saturn for this car. In any case, I'm patient.
nyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004   #3
Mracer

Not 1 red cent! If the dealers hold this car hostage, I won't pay out of principal! And if a dealer gets wind that the public is willing to pay, you know they'll hijack the price. The only thing going for us is that Mazda is bringing to market the "new" NC Miata. So if a dealer trys inflating the price, the public will just walk over to the Mazda dealer and buy the competition. Let it be known "NOW"....we won't pay!!!
Mracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2004   #4
Stephen M

Quote:
How much more than MSRP are you willing to pay?

I know this means I won't be one of the first, maybe not even get one the first year, and I'm content with that. I was planning on waiting for the forced induction version anyway.

-Stephen M
Stephen M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004   #5
Roadster

Quote:
How much more than MSRP are you willing to pay?
Zip, Zero, Nada, Zilch, No way
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004   #6
psychosquirrel

ditto, zippo!

But the more I think about this car the more I want to wait just a weeeee bit before buying.

Think of it this way, in Oct/Nov 2005 the car comes out, sales are crazy, people get ripped off (possibly). But the weather sucks and you can't really enjoy the Solstice much anyways, unless you like snow and rain in your face?

BUT, come spring 2006 the demand might slow down a bit, the sun will be coming out, the bugs (if any) will be sorted out of the car, the prices should be normalized (hopefully) AND the upgraded engine Solstice could be in production (perhaps). And since that is the car I want anyways, I am sure to wait patiently for the right deal at the right time. By then I should have saved almost 60% of the cars cost too! cha-ching!
psychosquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004   #7
pachanga21

I dont think you'll have to pay anything over MSRP....GM is releasing this car in the fall of 2005, that'll cut about half their sales and dealers cant start messing around with price if Mazda is dropping a new miata and the new Mini Conv ( please don't comment that it's not a sports car) will be out soon. They have a few major issues to deal with before they start asking for more then MSRP.....
pachanga21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004   #8
Slipstream

I wouldn't even pay MSRP. Depreciation on domestics is enough of a loss by itself. I am not going to add to it by giving a salesman and his dealership a big bonus check for their hard work screwing people over.
Slipstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004   #9

I have my price already set.

Early bird gets the worm.

Steve
2091351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004   #10
Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2091351

Steve
Steve; Just be careful where they stick that worm! To the rest...hold on to your resolve and your cash!
Old 04-23-2004   #11
nyca

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2091351

Steve
I hope you have an honest dealer. as I was saying on another thread, even if you leave a deposit (I assume you are paying MSRP to get on "the list"), that doesn't you mean you cannot be passed over as cars are delivered to people who are willing to pay over MSRP. It happened to me, I talked to a lawyer, a contract for a car is only binding if it has a VIN number - if its a contract to buy a SPECIFIC car. then, if they sell that car to someone else, you've got them.
Old 04-23-2004   #12
ekool

I am one of those believers that you NEVER pay over MSRP/Sticker on any vehicle.
ekool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004   #13
Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyca
That doesn't you mean you cannot be passed over as cars are delivered to people who are willing to pay over MSRP. It happened to me, I talked to a lawyer, a contract for a car is only binding if it has a VIN number - if its a contract to buy a SPECIFIC car. then, if they sell that car to someone else, you've got them.
That is my experience too.
Old 04-23-2004   #14
nyca

even my 2nd order for a 3000GT, the dealer tried to pull out at the last minute. but I had the VIN number on the contract for that one, so I had a lawyer call them. I got the car, there was enough gas in it at delivery to limp across the road to the nearest gas station. nonetheless, I never needed to use the dealer for service, it was a good car.
Old 04-23-2004   #15
GoReMaSteR

Wink

I wouldn't pay above MSRP...no way jose. They can make all the $$ they want off of people that just 'need' to own it b4 everyone else.

I'd rather have my $ in my bank account than in his wallet. I luv the car. but there are so many cars coming out in the next year or so that are really cool it'll be hard to choose.

I'm looking at :

2006 Miata (new model)
2006 Solstice
2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse...(if mitsu is still in business)
SLK230 2000-2002 models (used)

+ new RSX and Celica. and BMW 1 and 2 series...which will prolly hit Canada since we dont hate small cars like americano's.
GoReMaSteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement