What's going on with the solstice????? - Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures
Pontiac Solstice Pontiac Solstice Header Right

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures > Solstice Talk > General Discussion

SolsticeForums.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-09-2005   #1
pachanga21

Exclamation What's going on with the solstice?????

Hello all!!! it's been a while since i've posted..i was thinking of getting another car (mini conv) but i've repented and have come back to my true love, the solstice. As much as i love this vehicle, i'm having a tough time getting new vehicle information. To this date, i dont know of any one who has actually sat in the vehicle at a car show. NO ONE can speak of the fit and finish. What about the top?? is it easy to drop and what about the space int he trunk afterwards. I know it wont be plentiful, but what about letting the public look at it. There have been two cars that have been introduced in the same time the Solstice was announced, the Mustang and the Mini cooper convertibel, and at all the auto shows, you can look at these cars, sit in them and really check the car out like people pay to do at these shows. What is taking GM?!?!?!?!?! This is adding alot of unnecessary anxiety. When are they really gonna anouce the final numbers?? i've been hearing that the price will climb to $26K with options, is this true, it's really not a problem, but i would like to know before i invest in the vehicle.... what do you think??
pachanga21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2005   #2
cyboexpo2002

Let's see what I can answer here...

Prices should start from base of $19,995 with no A/C or power package and max out around $24k fully loaded. Options with include A/C, power package, limited slip differential, as well as a couple I've forgotten... interior will be base cloth, with leather as an option and the two-tone we've seen in auto shows as another option...however no automatic, if you need it you'll either have to wait a year for the auto or buy the Saturn Sky version...

Operation of the vert top has been fairly closed mouth by GM. However, according to auto magazines who've seen it or the mules, the top operation is generally easy but you will have to get out of the car to release the buttresses and fold the top. Which brings me to the trunk. According to shots floating around on the web, don't expect to fit much of anything in it. Some people estimate less than 3 cu. ft. in the trunk.

Fit and finish we won't know for a bit, but the going rumor is that GM really wants a solid rollout for the Solstice and its sister model the Sky. Expect the two to have terrific fit and finish since these cars are GM's way of proving they can build a car well and be competitive in quality and price.

Maybe somebody can add to this? Such a beautiful car, it should be out in July I believe is the current date.
cyboexpo2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005   #3
pachanga21

Angry

hey thanks for the quick response..i guess i'm just going on a rant. all the info you provided i know already....but i wanna be able to see the damn car already. last year at the NY auto show, you could get into a cooper conv or a new mustang and check the vehicle out. granted the line was long and the staff was on top of you making sure you were doing any thing to the car, but they gave us the privelege to enter it. Both those vehicles have roughly the same introduction time and yet you can sit in a mustang conv at the detriot show, and MINI is already delivering the first batch of conv for their customers and GM wont even take it off the turn table for us.... at the NY auto show this year i hope they let their future customers actually look at the vehicle..that's what i'm paying my 12 bucks for....

Old 02-15-2005   #4
solsearch

firm price

Bob Lutz announced yesterday, 2/14 that firm starting price of $19995 INCLUDES the $575 destination charge.
solsearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005   #5
pachanga21

Thumbs up finally some news...

thanks for the info. where did you hear this at?? could you add a link for the press release if there is one??
Old 02-23-2005   #6

Start of Production: May 16, 2005

Waiting is tough!!

Steve
2091351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005   #7
Nocturn

the AC isn't going to be an option as I believe its standard...
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005   #8

No, A/C is option.

Check out www.pontiac.com

Steve
Old 03-06-2005   #9
Nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2091351
No, A/C is option.

Check out www.pontiac.com

Steve
I did, on the solstice page it doesnt list it as an option, also, if you check the edmunds test drive AC is not listed as one of the few options. edmunds test drive

Last edited by Nocturn; 03-06-2005 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-07-2005   #10

One more time--The A/C is an option!!

Got to www.pontiac.com, then Solstice, then Top Down Exhilaration and read the words following the *.

'Starting price does not include AC or automatic transmission'

Steve
Old 03-07-2005   #11
Nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2091351
One more time--The A/C is an option!!

Got to www.pontiac.com, then Solstice, then Top Down Exhilaration and read the words following the *.

'Starting price does not include AC or automatic transmission'

Steve

Ahh, the fine print got me. I suppose edmunds needs forgot to include it in their article.
Old 03-07-2005   #12

Yeah, they want you to miss it.

One of the troubles with the Net is that OLDER articles don't get removed/deleted when new info hits the streets. Edmunds stuff on the Solstice is last years information.

Take care-Steve

Last edited by 2091351; 03-07-2005 at 02:31 PM. Reason: edit
Old 03-11-2005   #13

Option list is out for the Dealers to look at, no prices yet

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement