1st ride advice / wish list advice - Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures
Pontiac Solstice Pontiac Solstice Header Right

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures > Solstice Talk > General Discussion

SolsticeForums.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-02-2006   #1
zzzybil

1st ride advice / wish list advice

i'll be picking up my boosted sol !! ( yeahhhhhh wait is almost over )
talked to builder today and would have been done except mr perfection is re doing SoMeThInG ....( 3rd time i think ) my car is model for his kit so it has to be perfect !
- home page - shearerfabrications.com he just added pistons for sol to inventory take a look - say hey ! or thump him for no pics !! nahhhhhhh hahaha top secret till kits ready !.........
...... big faith in ron - hopefully not as hard as it sounds !!..... his work is like ((ART )) and i expect it to be a work of art...... as BEAUTIFUL under the hood.....
anyway expects to tune and dyno nx week after re doing head .... then i can go get it !!!!!

wish list keeps changing in my mind --------- gauging / exhaust / clutch ?

- reality check - internals hahahaha ------ or rehab ? i can stop anytime i want .....hahahahahahahaha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lift instructions.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	322  

Last edited by zzzybil; 12-27-2006 at 07:18 AM.
zzzybil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2006   #2
Gizmo

WOW, someone is excited, I can tell!

We'll be looking for your details soon. As for gauges, I recommend the digital gauges from www.DakotaDigital.com. I got the FVD3=1004:

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...rod/prd224.htm

They're $660.00 MSRP (dealers will discount about 10-15%) and they include: tach/speedo/oil press/water temp/fuel/volts. Since the fuel meter is included, the space for the stock fuel gauge can be used for vacuum boost or whatever, choose from these:

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...cat/cat262.htm

The nice thing is, the 1004 fits in the exact position as the stock gauges, very minor modifications needed for the instrument cluster. Talk to me before ordering for advice. The boost/etc gauge will fit exactly where the fuel gauge is now. So you don't clutter up your dashboard or pillar. And they're all DIGITAL, looks real sharp.

Mine are to be installed during my current repair cycle (second accident). I'll be posting photos when I get MARiSOL back.

Enjoy that incredible turbo! You'll need to bring it to a Houston City Meet when you get a chance. 1KULSOL from Baton Rouge joins us from time to time.

ClearImage long tube exhaust headers, ClearImage hi-flow catalytic converter, Magnaflow 12267 exhaust, Big-Bore throttle body, functional exhaust vents on hood, red racing stripes on a Sly 2006 Solstice with custom ECM retune on dyno.

111,600 miles as of 09/09/2011.

Link to active member list (work in progress):

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006   #3
carlintexas

I added a boost gauge to mine but I went minimal (consider that cheap) and bought a $30 gauge from Hahn and a $20 cup mount from BoostController.com. I mounted it on the dash with velcro - up against the pillar and ran the hose from the gauge along the edge (it actually fit inside the plastic) and under the dash. Then out through a wiring grommet just behind the ECM area. I 'tee'ed' the hose into the vacuum/boost hose from the BOV around the coolant tank area.
carlintexas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2006   #4
compression

How much do you think your turbo kit is goingto cost ?
compression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006   #5
NJHK

Send a message via AIM to NJHK
Congrats. Let us know how it goes.
E-Mail -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| AIM/AOL - NJHKJBO

NJHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #6
Solstice Chica

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzybil
i'll be picking up my boosted sol !! ( yeahhhhhh wait is almost over )
talked to builder today and would have been done except mr perfection is re doing head ....( 3rd time i think ) my car is model for his kit so it has to be perfect !
- home page - shearerfabrications.com he just added pistons for sol to inventory take a look - say hey ! or thump him for no pics !! nahhhhhhh hahaha top secret till kits ready !.........
...... big faith in ron - hopefully not as hard as it sounds !!..... his work is like ((ART )) and i expect it to be a work of art...... as BEAUTIFUL under the hood.....
anyway expects to tune and dyno nx week after re doing head .... then i can go get it !!!!!
my questions and the list just keeps growing
(((( 1st question )))))
i remember reading lots of bolt tightening on 1st hahn kits in the 1st week or 2 - i have a 1029 mile test ride home {{{{{._____what tools_____ should i have on hand }}}}} _ and be very specific ..lol.. pictures would be nice ! ok since mine is different maybe general directions what to look at ! and how often ?
((( 2nd question ))))
i'm hoping there won't be any blizzarding..( hahaha mid december )....learning to drive turbo add learning to drive turbo on snow and ice ....weeeeeeee its going to be fun trip........ steer left to go right - anything else i should know ?..lol... bring a shovel ?

i almost had myself buying a whole engine ..prolly would if i could figure how to do swap between cleveland - nj - and here ...lol...... saving that brain fart till spring ..line up mechanic to pull and install etc....... get duck$ in row !!!!! .leads to

((( 3rd question ))

no gauges included with my kit - is that the next sensible item for wish list - if so and you have recommendations......... besides gauges 101 lesson

rest of question 3 is what should my wish list include now ?? should have a grand left over .......depending on ride home...... not buying snow tires or wheels - i live in tropics !
add a web site if you have something specific in mind

( thankyou we can do that here ) XOXOXO

gauges
clutch
heatcoating manifold ( or is that foolishness )
thats my guesses ?
already mentioned the assembled engine with forged pistons and c-rods ..lol..
ok - maybe vented fenders -

already have 2 jobs - 3rd is NOT an option
feel free to list your opinions by priority
thanks for advice and a place to share excitement - PATIENCE sucks .please forgive the jabbering - its therapy - did i say PATIENCE SUCKS

WOW we can tell you are really excited. Congrats. I hope you have a wonderful time. And many, many miles of enjoyment.

Just dont take any driving tips from Giz. We all know where MARiSOL's been

Solstice Chica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #7
Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Chica
WOW we can tell you are really excited. Congrats. I hope you have a wonderful time. And many, many miles of enjoyment.

Just dont take any driving tips from Giz. We all know where MARiSOL's been
I HEARD that!

ClearImage long tube exhaust headers, ClearImage hi-flow catalytic converter, Magnaflow 12267 exhaust, Big-Bore throttle body, functional exhaust vents on hood, red racing stripes on a Sly 2006 Solstice with custom ECM retune on dyno.

Old 12-03-2006   #8
denette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Chica
.....Just dont take any driving tips from Giz. We all know where MARiSOL's been
Now that's just wrong...He's full of tips!!
Don't do this and this or this and really don't do that and I did that, but don't...
denette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #9
Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by denette
Don't do this and this or this and really don't do that and I did that, but don't...

Old 12-04-2006   #10
Solstice Chica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo
I HEARD that!

Huh? What?? What are you talking about??

Old 12-04-2006   #11
Solstice Chica

Quote:
Originally Posted by denette

It's wrong, But for all the RIGHT reasons I think Giz wants to be the first to get their Sol on two wheels

Sponsored Links
Advertisement