Passenger side floor leak - Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures
Pontiac Solstice Pontiac Solstice Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures > Solstice Talk > General Discussion

SolsticeForums.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-17-2006   #1
MDSOL

Passenger side floor leak

Had some bad rain here today and noticed water coming in on passenger side floor. Looks like it is running down from crack where door meets the kick panel. I had the car in to the dealer a few months ago to have this same problem fixed and they said it was. So I stopped by the dealer and showed them and they said this is happening on all Sols and Skyís and that GM has no fix for it. He said most people donít drive them in bad weather so they donít know about the problem .Has anyone else noticed this and if so were they able to get the leak stopped. The service mgr told me to call GM and complain, he said he could have his leak person come look at it again but could not promise he could stop it.
MDSOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2006   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSOL
Had some bad rain here today and noticed water coming in on passenger side floor. Looks like it is running down from crack where door meets the kick panel. I had the car in to the dealer a few months ago to have this same problem fixed and they said it was. So I stopped by the dealer and showed them and they said this is happening on all Sols and Skyís and that GM has no fix for it. He said most people donít drive them in bad weather so they donít know about the problem .Has anyone else noticed this and if so were they able to get the leak stopped. The service mgr told me to call GM and complain, he said he could have his leak person come look at it again but could not promise he could stop it.
Drove my base Sol in every kind of weather imaginable. SO have most of the NEO/PAs. NO leaks of any kind on mine except a little "blow in" through the top of drivers window, at the Laser Wash. Drove my GXP home from Georgia in a blinding rain storm, NO leaks. Take the BS Meter the next time the dealer tells you all Sols are experiencing this. It should go OFF the scale, because it is pure BS.

6211221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #3
Gizmo

I agree with 6211221. I've had mine in high-pressure car washes, maybe a couple of drops would get inside.

Speaking of opening the door and seeing the water, I have to relate this story. The same rainstorm you experienced in Maryland was here in Houston on Monday. The news report showed this black coupe that had been parked in the wrong place. The water had subsided, so the owner went out to the car, opened the passenger door, and watched the water FLOW out!
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2006   #4
MDSOL

really strange, water only gets in in when driving and only on passanger side. If you don't lift the mat and feel the carpet you would not even know it was happening because if flows under the carpet.
Old 10-18-2006   #5
Gizmo

Quote:
really strange, water only gets in in when driving and only on passanger side. If you don't lift the mat and feel the carpet you would not even know it was happening because if flows under the carpet.
But you've seen the water coming in around the window?

Is there any chance it is coming in from the floorboards? Driving in extreme wet conditions, if there's even the tiniest opening in the floorboard, that could be enough to get the carpet wet. Check it to be sure.
Old 10-18-2006   #6
MDSOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo
But you've seen the water coming in around the window?

Is there any chance it is coming in from the floorboards? Driving in extreme wet conditions, if there's even the tiniest opening in the floorboard, that could be enough to get the carpet wet. Check it to be sure.
No, I seen drops by crack where door meets the kick panel, if you feel up under the kick panel the insulation is wet. Just got off the phone with GM raising Hell, Oh no can I say that. They said they are going to make things right, said they want to make me Happy I take it back in next week and the president of the leak repair Co. is going to look at it then they will take it from there.
Old 10-18-2006   #7
Gizmo

Quote:
No, I seen drops by crack where door meets the kick panel, if you feel up under the kick panel the insulation is wet. Just got off the phone with GM raising Hell, Oh no can I say that. They said they are going to make things right, said they want to make me Happy I take it back in next week and the president of the leak repair Co. is going to look at it then they will take it from there.
Good job, MDSOL! Just have to give them the opportunity to do it right!

Of course, a little nagging helps, eh?
Old 10-18-2006   #8
Solstice Chica

Quote:

Thats awful to hear MDSOL. I hope it is not anything too serious. We've been having a lot of flooding here the last few days. The only time I get water in is when I open the door and it pours in from where the top meets the windshield.

Solstice Chica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #9
MDSOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Chica
Thats awful to hear MDSOL. I hope it is not anything too serious. We've been having a lot of flooding here the last few days. The only time I get water in is when I open the door and it pours in from where the top meets the windshield.
Thanks Solstice Chica, by the sound of my phone call to GM today everthing should turn out ok. I'll let everone know what happens next week once I get the car back.
Old 10-19-2006   #10
Solstice Chica

Quote:
Thanks Solstice Chica, by the sound of my phone call to GM today everthing should turn out ok. I'll let everone know what happens next week once I get the car back.

Thats great, Im glad they got it taken care of so fast. I just picked my baby up this morning. She had a new rear end put on her. So now she can shake her ass like the best of them

Old 10-19-2006   #11
Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Chica
Thats great, Im glad they got it taken care of so fast. I just picked my baby up this morning. She had a new rear end put on her. So now she can shake her ass like the best of them
I'll be looking for those shaking asses on Sunday, especially the "best of them."
Old 10-19-2006   #12
Solstice Chica

Quote:
I'll be looking for those shaking asses on Sunday, especially the "best of them."

Wooohoooo

Doesn't mean I've forgotten I owe you
*thinking of an evil plan*
muuhh hahahaha

Old 10-19-2006   #13
Gizmo

a couple of moderators on the OTHER forum would have banned us by now, eh, Sosltice Chica?

Old 10-19-2006   #14
popsintx

I'm sorry that I won't be there Sunday to see it.
Old 10-19-2006   #15
Solstice Chica

Quote:
a couple of moderators on the OTHER forum would have banned us by now, eh, Sosltice Chica?

Hell I think they would have banned us just for saying "ass"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement