First Driving Review of the Solstice!! - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures
Pontiac Solstice Pontiac Solstice Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures > Pontiac Solstice News / Updates

SolsticeForums.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-01-2005   #16
urbanmonkeygod04

WOT, welcome over here! Good to see somebody else from the Redline crew sharing over here.

When did you get ahold of a Solstice? And I'm glad to hear you liked it as much as I did - it's a fun little car, ain't it? Did you agree with most of what I said?
urbanmonkeygod04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2005   #17

Thanks for the informative review. Perhaps you could show additional information on the Trunk with the top both up and down?

I want to 'road Trip' this car and might need more luggage space via a rack.

Take care-Steve

2091351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #18
GM_powered

Had no problem pulling away from a Cobalt SS, well it was kinda close. real smooth on the shift though.
GM_powered is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005   #19
urbanmonkeygod04

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_powered
Had no problem pulling away from a Cobalt SS, well it was kinda close. real smooth on the shift though.
Umm, in a base Solstice? Uhh, hate to tell you but, flat out, NO. I own an Ion Redline, which has the same engine/trans layout to the Cobalt SS, and the Solstice was nowhere NEAR as fast as this thing. Maybe the Cobizzle wasn't TRYING and you pulled on him. I know at any speed the boost would immediately run away from the Solstice. They're not THAT fast.

I'd guess 7.5-8 seconds to 60, high 15 seconds in the 1/4 mile, probably 15.7-15.8 for the Solstice. Stock Redlines are running 14.3 seconds in the quarter; that's 2 carlengths. Sorry. A solstice may have better balance in the twisties, but a Redline would eat it up in the straighaways. Wait for the GXP Solstice, THEN you can walk on Cobalt SS/Redlines all day.

Jeez, I turned this into the kills section at the Redline forums
urbanmonkeygod04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #20
pontiacfan81

the temp gauge does exist on the Solstice!

To member SHABBY, the temp gauge does exist on the Solstice. If you want proof, go to the Pontiac website and look at the Solstice specs under "instrumentation" and you'll see it has a temp gauge. I really hope you aren't that gullable to believe a car doesn't have a temp gauge of some sort!
pontiacfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005   #21
pyrofenix

I was reading my Car & Driver that came in the mail yesterday and there is a small 'blurb' about a hardtop solstice. According to them, the hardtop is pretty likely for '07.

I can't wait cause i've always hoped for a hardtop version!
pyrofenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005   #22
87camaroPA

When the GXP Solstice comes out it should give the Honda S2000 a good run!!!!
87camaroPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005   #23
pyrofenix

I think that is reasonable statement. The current Solstice is reportedly hitting 60 in 7.2 seconds while the S2000 is hitting it in about 6 seconds. I bet the extra horsepower of the future GXP version will close the gap considerably.

Also according to my googling - the s2000 will pull about .89g on the skid pad while the current solstice will pull .9g - i'd expect some suspension tweaks for the GXP which may bring it to .95g or so. (at least this is what i'm hoping).
Old 08-08-2005   #24
87camaroPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrofenix
I think that is reasonable statement. The current Solstice is reportedly hitting 60 in 7.2 seconds while the S2000 is hitting it in about 6 seconds. I bet the extra horsepower of the future GXP version will close the gap considerably.

Also according to my googling - the s2000 will pull about .89g on the skid pad while the current solstice will pull .9g - i'd expect some suspension tweaks for the GXP which may bring it to .95g or so. (at least this is what i'm hoping).
That is really good #'s for a car with less power then the S2000..
Old 08-08-2005   #25
pyrofenix

Yeah, it's not bad at all. Both machines are within 50lbs of each other too. I think the main reason is the S2000's craptacular torque. 162lb ft of torque at 6500 RPM and the solstice has 166lb ft at 4800. The GXP will definately put these two right next to each other!
Old 08-08-2005   #26
87camaroPA

Yeah... that is most likely the reason the times are so close..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement