Solstice may be delayed... - Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures
Pontiac Solstice Pontiac Solstice Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures > Pontiac Solstice News / Updates

SolsticeForums.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-25-2005   #1
castrol

Solstice may be delayed...

See you in September: Production snafus may delay launch of Pontiac Solstice roadster until fall
JASON STEIN | Automotive News and ROBERT SHEREFKIN | Automotive News
Posted Date: 4/25/05

DETROIT -- If early orders are an indication, Pontiac could have a winner in its Solstice roadster. GM quickly booked 1,000 orders for the two-seat convertible this month during a TV promotion.

But now GM says it won't ship a significant number of Solstices to dealerships until this fall - well past its summer target date meant to coincide with the peak of the convertible selling season.

Industry sources say fit problems are delaying the launch at GM's Wilmington, Del., plant.

In material distributed to reporters in January at the Detroit auto show, Pontiac said the Solstice was "expected in Pontiac showrooms in mid-2005." But GMTV, GM's Webcast media site, said last week that the car won't be on dealer lots until the fourth quarter. GM spokesmen say the Solstice will arrive in substantial quantities in late September or early October.

More at Autoweek.com

Last edited by castrol; 04-25-2005 at 03:08 PM.
castrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2005   #2
castrol

Well, I for one sure would like to get some photos of one in red. I think that would be
a really badass color on the Solstice. If you end up in line for one... let us know.
castrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005   #3
Avus

red solstice

Since I could not find a picture of an "aggresive" solstice, I created one. I think the color came out pretty close to what is in the catalog. Sorry, I couln't help myself, I had to lower and put wheels on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RED SOL.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	221  
Avus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2005   #4
Big_Red_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avus
Since I could not find a picture of an "aggresive" solstice, I created one. I think the color came out pretty close to what is in the catalog. Sorry, I couln't help myself, I had to lower and put wheels on it.
That's close to perfect....and how I would like mine. Maybe decrease the wheels and inch or two though. Anything over 18 just starts to look ricer/ghetto, not to mention would ride like crap.
Big_Red_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005   #5
slvrchr203

i saw a black solstice on the road this weekend, sea isle city, NJ at someone's beach house
slvrchr203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005   #6
slvrchr203

saw a second solstice today red, 5 points near levittown, PA
slvrchr203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005   #7
mysol

deleted by user

Last edited by mysol; 11-15-2006 at 12:56 PM.
mysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005   #8
pagostin

Just got the latest from my Dealership here in Whitby, Ontario.
2 of the 11 ordered will be delivered on Sept 1/05 and they don't know which two until August.
I am hoping that one will be mine as i have picked all the options and the most common color.
fingers crossed!!!
pagostin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005   #9
PrimitiveKat

Ohhhhhhhh! I have to wait longer??? I can't move into my new 5000 square foot house until September 1, so I am waiting for that... NOW, I have to wait to see this car? Ugh! I hope it goes by fast. This is my first summer ever that I WANTED it to go by fast. Good things are worth waiting for!!!
PrimitiveKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005   #10
the_one

Do you know...

Hey Guys!

Do you know if GM plans to bring the solstice to Mexico???

I just can't wait to drive it....
the_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005   #11
pagostin

Hello Gents and Ladies... i hear that in detroit from a reliable source that the trucks are loaded with the first shipments and they are on there way out to the dealerships...

anyone else hear that?
pagostin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement