Houston meet? - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures
Pontiac Solstice Pontiac Solstice Header Right

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures > Solstice Talk > General Discussion

SolsticeForums.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-11-2006   #16
Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Chica
So what the hell are we doing about this meet thingy?? I need details, details I tell you.

Where the hell are the DEATAILS?????????????????
Ok, Ok, here I am. I was hoping to get some more input, perhaps other ideas for the meet. So looks like it will be the Christmas lights.

So here's the deal: the sun sets around 5:30 on 12/23/06, a Saturday night. I think the Houston group could meet up at 2PM at Willowbrook Mall, which is FM 1960 at FM 249 on the northwest side of Houston. We drive up a new route to Yankee Tavern (meeting Solstice Chica there unless she wants to join us from the start), have a late lunch and talk, then another route back to near Willowbrook Mall. On FM 249 just north of FM 1960 is the entrance to the Prestonwood (or Prestonwood Forest?) subdivision. We get in line there, put the tops down (that's the car tops, girls! ) and join the slow slow drive through the neighborhood, oohing and aahing all the beautiful decorations. It really is spectacular.

If someone has any ideas for this or something better, I'm OPEN for suggestion. PLEASE!!!!

And in the meantime, we need a list. So I'm going to start a new thread with this scenario and an ongoing list in Post #1 of that thread. Shout out in that thread with whether you're attending or not, we'll use this thread for additional discussion. OK?

ClearImage long tube exhaust headers, ClearImage hi-flow catalytic converter, Magnaflow 12267 exhaust, Big-Bore throttle body, functional exhaust vents on hood, red racing stripes on a Sly 2006 Solstice with custom ECM retune on dyno.

111,600 miles as of 09/09/2011.

Link to active member list (work in progress):

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2006   #17
Gizmo

Here's the link to the Shout-Out thread:

https://www.solsticeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=9426

ClearImage long tube exhaust headers, ClearImage hi-flow catalytic converter, Magnaflow 12267 exhaust, Big-Bore throttle body, functional exhaust vents on hood, red racing stripes on a Sly 2006 Solstice with custom ECM retune on dyno.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-12-2006   #18
Sol Cruisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Ok, Ok, here I am. I was hoping to get some more input, perhaps other ideas for the meet. So looks like it will be the Christmas lights.

So here's the deal: the sun sets around 5:30 on 12/23/06, a Saturday night. I think the Houston group could meet up at 2PM at Willowbrook Mall, which is FM 1960 at FM 249 on the northwest side of Houston. We drive up a new route to Yankee Tavern (meeting Solstice Chica there unless she wants to join us from the start), have a late lunch and talk, then another route back to near Willowbrook Mall. On FM 249 just north of FM 1960 is the entrance to the Prestonwood (or Prestonwood Forest?) subdivision. We get in line there, put the tops down (that's the car tops, girls! ) and join the slow slow drive through the neighborhood, oohing and aahing all the beautiful decorations. It really is spectacular.

If someone has any ideas for this or something better, I'm OPEN for suggestion. PLEASE!!!!

And in the meantime, we need a list. So I'm going to start a new thread with this scenario and an ongoing list in Post #1 of that thread. Shout out in that thread with whether you're attending or not, we'll use this thread for additional discussion. OK?

Me wonders if he can get up in the morning without a list?
Sol Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2006   #19
Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Cruisin
Me wonders if he can get up in the morning without a list?
I HEARD that!

Actually, I do have a list to look at EVERY morning:

the list of bills to pay!

And it's a very long list.

Last edited by Gizmo; 12-12-2006 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-12-2006   #20
Solstice Chica

You know, This actually sounds like a fun idea. My daughter and the grandkids will be here on the 22nd, So we just can not be gone too late. I have to spend as much time as possible with my babies when they are here . But I sooo look forward to seeing my Solstice family. I think it will be very cool for us to be there with out cars in a line.

Solstice Chica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #21
Gizmo

Quote:
You know, This actually sounds like a fun idea. My daughter and the grandkids will be here on the 22nd, So we just can not be gone too late. I have to spend as much time as possible with my babies when they are here . But I sooo look forward to seeing my Solstice family. I think it will be very cool for us to be there with out cars in a line.
They can meet us at Yankee Tavern in the mommy mobile and follow us to the lights. You can bet they'll love it, it's really incredible.

Old 12-12-2006   #22
Solstice Chica

Quote:
They can meet us at Yankee Tavern in the mommy mobile and follow us to the lights. You can bet they'll love it, it's really incredible.

Are you kidding??? They'd drive me nuts hehehehe

Old 12-16-2006   #23
Sol Cruisin

Smile

Quote:
Are you kidding??? They'd drive me nuts hehehehe
Heck, that's not much of a drive! More like a short errand.
Sol Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #24
Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Cruisin
Heck, that's not much of a drive! More like a short errand.
Here you are:

SBS (Seven Banana Salute)

Old 12-16-2006   #25
Solstice Chica

Thats my seven salute to the both of you.

Dang Brats

Old 12-16-2006   #26
denette

Rent a 'Burb...hire a driver and take them one at a time in the Sol...They'll talk about it to their kids!!!!!
denette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #27
Gizmo

Quote:

Thats my seven salute to the both of you.

Dang Brats
Isn't that just like a woman?

Promises us 7 but delivers with 14.

Old 12-16-2006   #28
wisolstice

Quote:
Isn't that just like a woman?

Promises us 7 but delivers with 14.

that's twice as much bang for your buck
wisolstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #29
Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisolstice
that's twice as much bang for your buck
Well, I didn't want to insult her about her counting, so I figured I'd turn it into a compliment.

Melanie, did I send you that beautiful email about women?

Old 12-17-2006   #30
Solstice Chica

Quote:
Originally Posted by denette
Rent a 'Burb...hire a driver and take them one at a time in the Sol...They'll talk about it to their kids!!!!!

I think they would get "bored" or at least thats what they say when they want us to think that they are having a horrible time cause they dont want to let on they actually like hangin with the 'rents.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement