For Sale: Wilwood Pontiac Solstice Big Brake Kit - Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures
Pontiac Solstice Pontiac Solstice Header Right

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures > Buy/Sell > Parts For Sale/Wanted

SolsticeForums.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-14-2011   #1
accesspeed

For Sale: Wilwood Pontiac Solstice Big Brake Kit

Selling Wilwood Big Brake Kit (Yes it is the one on eBay!)

(Photos not allowed)

I am not entirely sure what I have here, but after talking to Wilwood and several people that worked for Pontiac and General Motors, this kit is 1 of only 2 big brake kits that were built exclusively for General Motors SEMA Project Vehicles: 1 for a Saturn Sky and the other for a Pontiac Solstice. The other kit was sold to a company who "knocked the kit off" (copied it) and now sells these Wilwood kits brand new. This kit has Drilled and Slotted 2-pc Wilwood 13" Front Rotors and Drilled and Slotted 2-pc Wilwood 12.3" Rear Rotors. The stainless braided brake lines are Wilwood and appear to be brand new. I am still trying to figure out details on the Red Calipers, and I will post as soon as I know..... Half of this kit is brand new in boxes and never run, and the other half was run for approximately 400-500 miles. Yes, only 400-500 miles!!! The photos show everything I have for sale. According to Wilwood, this kit should Retail for @ $4000 new. After doing some research, I found a similar kit for @ $3000. This system will NOT work with OEM wheels due to additional caliper clearance required. (I do not have the patterns nor a car here to measure the required clearance, however, the project cars were allegedly both fitted with O.Z. Racing Wheels.) Two of the rotors, calipers and pads are still brand new in their boxes, so it appears that only two were installed. It appear to be complete according to people who have looked at the photos, but I am unable to guarantee it with having a car here to test-fit. I did test-fit the brackets against OEM Solstice caliper mounting points and they are a match.

I posted this for sale on eBay for $2100. If you are interested, you can email me at media@scharris.com for more pictures or with questions, but this is really all I know about the kit. Thanks.
accesspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement