That Pesky front plate......... - Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures
Pontiac Solstice Pontiac Solstice Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures > Solstice Talk > General Discussion

SolsticeForums.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-02-2006   #1
PonchoRamAir

That Pesky front plate.........

If we all lived in a car Utopia, some of us wouldn't need to plaster this Solstice with bulky US Spec tags. It would be easier to work in a European Spec tag for the nose..but where do us "Dual-Plate" people go? In Connecticut the Troopers LOVE to hand out infractions for the lack of or to be more precise; "Failure to display front marker plate". Those $60 fines will sure add up quick here; and I'm sure in other locales across the US.

Has anyone; including GM come up with a cure? I just don't trust my dealer drilling and hacking up my front fascia with a cheap universal plate holder.
PonchoRamAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2006   #2
MarkS.

Welcome to GM's brilliant engineering...as a Vette owner I have had to deal with the front plate issue for sometime...at least on the C5 there is a place to put the plate...on the C6 there is none. I, personally do not drive with the front plate and take my chances...yes, it's not a moving violation...but I'd rather deal with that then put a hideous front plate on the front.
Send a letter to GM and tell them what you think...but remember, GM's headquarters resides in Michigan and guess what? Michigan does not require a front plate.
MarkS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006   #3
rootbeerbaby

I was just going to mention the same about Michigan. The rear plate is the only one needed in Georgia, also.
rootbeerbaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2006   #4
aahsum

no plate for me, just give me the food

Down here in Texas the law requires a front plate. The first thing I did to my car was pry off that UGLY front license plate bracket. Unless I get stopped, it will not be back on my car. I still want a shorty antenna, anyone know where to get one? Please let me know..
aahsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #5
rootbeerbaby

Yours came with a front license plate bracket?
Short antenna?
Old 01-21-2006   #6
aahsum

yes my car came with a front bracket, thank god no screws or clips, just little honecomb shaped knobs that press into the grill. it will not go back on my car... not until the law makes me. the short antenna i'm talking about was mentioned on this forum by "uncivilracer" the other day. I hope to find something cause the antenna is too tall for my short car.
aahsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006   #7
rootbeerbaby

Kool.
Was Curious In Regards To The Antenna. I Ordered Mine With Xm And The Upgraded Stereo System. The Mp3 Player Is Great.
I Highly Recommend The Xm. I Have It On My 2004 Gmc Sierra Truck.
Have Been In A Few Areas Where The Radio Choices Really Suck.
I Am Sure There Is An Aftermarket Antenna For You.
Good Luck On Your Search.
Enjoy The Car In The Meantime. It Is A Hoot!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement