Hahn owners - Page 3 - Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures
Pontiac Solstice Pontiac Solstice Header Right

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures > Solstice Talk > General Discussion

SolsticeForums.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-14-2006   #31
tweety

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlintexas
Norm, you mean I'll have something Tweety doesn't have?

Yeah, but I'll have something that you don't have too!
It will be my greatest modification ever. It will change my payments from ordinary to extraordinary.
tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2006   #32
carlintexas

Tweety, post pictures when you get the new ride!

So you kike the new actuator, huh? I checked mine out, looks ok.

My new BOV & high flow cat just arrived today, so I'll be doing some installs this weekend to see how they work. While I'm at it I'm going to pull all the plumbing and coat all the hose connections with hi temp sealer to let it cure to seal the connections and eliminate air seapage (a tip from Brad).

So, by the end of November I should have everything installed (fenders, grilles, turbo stuff). Once done I'm going to find a tuner around here that can run dynos to see where the horsepower/torque is now - before I get and install stage III.
carlintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #33
KLECKO

Quote:
you will want our fenders and then a new front facia for the intercooler ( which I will make, this winter ) thanks Norm
Sweet, cant wait
KLECKO is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2006   #34
Gizmo

welcome to the forum, KLECKO.

Glad you could join us. No rules over here, just have fun. No one gets their feelings hurt over here. I've added your name to my newest list! There's an easy link in my signature below.

But if I see a new member named Marisol, ....

ClearImage long tube exhaust headers, ClearImage hi-flow catalytic converter, Magnaflow 12267 exhaust, Big-Bore throttle body, functional exhaust vents on hood, red racing stripes on a Sly 2006 Solstice with custom ECM retune on dyno.

111,600 miles as of 09/09/2011.

Link to active member list (work in progress):

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #35
tweety

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlintexas
Tweety, post pictures when you get the new ride!

So you kike the new actuator, huh? I checked mine out, looks ok.

My new BOV & high flow cat just arrived today, so I'll be doing some installs this weekend to see how they work. While I'm at it I'm going to pull all the plumbing and coat all the hose connections with hi temp sealer to let it cure to seal the connections and eliminate air seapage (a tip from Brad).

So, by the end of November I should have everything installed (fenders, grilles, turbo stuff). Once done I'm going to find a tuner around here that can run dynos to see where the horsepower/torque is now - before I get and install stage III.

See....this is what has pissed me off. If the Hahn people find something the works better and tell some clients, why not send out a blanket email and tell all of us!?! Each of us get pieces of info: plugs, gaskets, gauges, and so on. What assholes.
tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #36
Mysterious

If your bolts are backing off, try using some Loctite "blue" not the "red", or you'll never get them off. On different turbo configurations on diesels, due to heat cycling, they sometimes will back out. I haven't looked at the Hahn setup, but a grade 5 bolt is a requirement, stainless won't work well and is prone to breakage from heat cycles. So to solve the bolt back out prob on diesels and gas turbines we use the blue or safety wire the bolts if it is a critical assembly.
Mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #37
carlintexas

Thanks Mysterious. I'm going to the auto supply today and will pick some up.

I've got the high flow installed, installed the heat shield (didn't move the P.S. res) and I installed my new grilles. The GReddy BOV is adjustable and if I put it where the old bov was I would have to pull the nose to make adjustments (stupid) so I'm putting a 2 foot hose from the tube bov outlet and routing the bov back up into the engine bay so I can adjust the thing.
carlintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018   #38
midtrans

I heard about all the bolt loosening on other cars so I did a daily drive and retighten for the first 7 days of use. Since then, I have checked them once a week and notice no backing out. Hopefully I am lucky.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

chuyên
đa ngôn ngữ
midtrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019   #39
marthawilliam

I'VE been in TurboSol's Car and it is definately pumping 280 to the wheels easy!
marthawilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement