Houston Auto Show? - Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures
Pontiac Solstice Pontiac Solstice Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures > Solstice Talk > General Discussion

SolsticeForums.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-07-2004   #1
butek

Houston Auto Show?

Does anyone know whether the Solstice will be at the Houston auto show next month?
butek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2004   #2
mceb

Best guess is yes, it's at all the car shows. Some of the pictures I've seen appear to be the early concept version that's making the rounds.
mceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004   #3
Cheever3000

What are the dates?
Cheever3000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2004   #4
butek

April 2-11.

http://www.houstonautoshow.com/
Old 04-04-2004   #5
butek

Now that the Houston auto show is actually going on, I'll ask my question again: is the Solstice there?
Old 04-04-2004   #6
psychosquirrel

I dunno if it is there (in Houston), but I was at the Pacific International Auto Show in Vancouver this weekend and they had no Solstice and no G6 even! I was considering both as possible new cars so I was a bit disappointed. However, I did chat with a GM rep who was rather knowledgable. She mentioned a few facts that I have stored in my memory banks:

1. She said the Canadian Solstice will be at next years Toronto Auto show with pricing and details for consumers in 2005. (this show is Feb. 2005 I think). The first Canadian Solstice sales should be October 2005 as a 2006 model according to her info.

2. She mentioned that there WAS going to be a SC version to be released but didn't have any info about WHEN, I hope they launch the SC car within months of the cars introduction. It will really test my patience if it takes months to get a SC car, I want a Solstice NOW!

3. The Canadian price should be kept under the Miata, since that is GM's intention, she said around 30,000 give or take a grand. As for the Miata it was listed at $34,000 at the show, and I checked it out to compare. I was surprised at how short it is, I am not that tall (5'10") but I had to slouch to see below the windshield rim, the sun visor blocked road vision entirely, and if the top was up I would have had my head right up against it. Hopefully the Solstice has better ergonomics for normal human size drivers.

I did manage to get a Solstice poster, and have it on my wall now, but it is VERY distracting, I swear I look at that picture like 3 times every minute!
psychosquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004   #7
Mracer

Psycho, I'm thinking the Miata you were looking at was the top of the line Mazdaspeed Turbo model listed at 34 thou. The current base price on a MX5 is $27,895. Canadian. Although I think the reps right about the price, due to inflation and price creep, the Miata should list at about another 800-1000$ more for the 05. I know GM, has stated $20 thou US and I'm hoping this'll translate into $27 + freight/tax Can. by the time it gets here? The big question in everyone mind is....how many will we get up here?
Mracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004   #8
robrecht

Quote:
Originally Posted by butek
April 2-11.
Hmm ... overlaps with the New York Auto Show, April 7-18th.
robrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004   #9
Cheever3000

No. I went to the Houston Auto Show the first day, and was told the Solstice was in New York. At least the GM rep agreed with me that it would have been nice to have more than one vehicle for display at these things.

The show was a disappointment to me. My ten dollars would have been worth it had a Solstice been there.

Gotta say I was impressed with the new Tiburon. Can't believe I'm saying that, but it's true.
Cheever3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement