Ordered Mine Today - Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures
Pontiac Solstice Pontiac Solstice Header Right

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures > Solstice Talk > General Discussion

SolsticeForums.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-13-2004   #1

Thumbs up Ordered Mine Today

Ordered my Pontiac Solstice today!

Stopped at the local GM Dealer and he was more than happy to take my deposit and put me in the queue.

He related to me that dealer allocation is very imprtant timewise.

As soon as final specifications are available I will be able to select the options that I want.

Steve
2091351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2004   #2
simmonsmb

How in the world did you get your dealer to do that? I've asked two seperate dealers around here about pre-ordering and they both said they were unable to do that until GM released more info closer to the summer. One told me to sign up for Pontiac's news list and check back with them closer to the Summer, and the other said they would keep my information and contact me whenever they knew something about pre-ordering. Hmmmm.......
simmonsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004   #3

I have been to see him several times in the last few months about ordering and he has always been real interested in ordering one for me. He gave me what documentation he had on it, a dealer magazine, and said he wants to be able to push the order up the GM marketing ladder as a sold unit.

I am sure he would be happy to order one for anyone else, let me know and I can post his name and phone.

New owner of a small multi-GM Dealership in a small town in Arkansas.

Steve

Old 02-13-2004   #4
Pettee17

what type of a deposit and am i looking at cash wise?
Pettee17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004   #5

I gave him $500.00 USD.

Steve
Old 02-13-2004   #6
ig88vsbobafett

Thats funny i went to my local pontiac dealer and they didnt know what the solstice was
ig88vsbobafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004   #7
aawil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ig88vsbobafett
Thats funny i went to my local pontiac dealer and they didnt know what the solstice was
Don't ya just love dealers like this.There usually the last to know about anything.Not to mention they don't know anything about the cars on the lot their trying to sell.
aawil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004   #8
rhoyle

No Way

My Dealership, as well as Pontiac's Customer Service told me that you can not order a car until production has started.

Which dealership accepted your order?
rhoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004   #9

Local dealer here in town was more than happy to take my order and my deposit.

I don't see any problem with it, specifications are to be determined later. He wants to show his GM management that he has a SOLD car. Now they need to work out the delivery for his customer.

Steve
Old 02-16-2004   #10
simmonsmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2091351
Local dealer here in town was more than happy to take my order and my deposit.

I don't see any problem with it, specifications are to be determined later. He wants to show his GM management that he has a SOLD car. Now they need to work out the delivery for his customer.

Steve
I'm sure he was "more than happy" to take your money... lol I'd be weary of giving a deposit for anything if there's no set date as far as when you can actually pre-order one and when they'll actually hit the dealerships. Now, if they would take the deposit being put into an escrow account in place of a deposit into their actual account, I'd jump all over that. Oh well, maybe I'm just not that trusting of people who are only out to make a buck.
simmonsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004   #11
rhoyle

He Hasn't Sold Anything

Your local dealership, does it have a name?

They haven't SOLD a thing. They have a deposit on a car that GM has yet to even make. That deposit is completely refundable (I hope for your sake). GM knows there is interest. I've spoken to more than one dealership and none of them will take a deposit. I'd be weary.
rhoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004   #12

Payton Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Inc.
916 South Seventh Street
P.O. Box 853
Heber Springs, Arkansas 72543
501/362-2418

John Payton is the person I ordered the vehicle from.

I really don't have any problem with him taking my deposit. He and his family lives here in town and they aren't going anywhere.

The big city dealers only have employees w/o any cahones and as posted before, not too much knowledge. I firmly believe that any owner of a dealership will take an order deposit for a vehicle. What would they have to lose? Mr. Payton just wants to make a living selling cars and service for them.

Steve
Old 02-28-2004   #13
ig88vsbobafett

I was at my Local Pontiac Dealer today.And they still didnt have any thing on the Solstice but they had a New GTO there with a $3000 Fee on it because of the low production #s
ig88vsbobafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004   #14
Mracer

...reguarding that $3000, ahem,...ransome for the GTO, this sends chills down my spine that this is happening! The General has it's demographic sights on the lower end of the market for this car, and for sure we'll have some greedy dealers selling to the highest bidders...again! I started a thread earlier about the Solstice being "Hijacked" by dealers. I guess it's capitalism at it's best....sigh I can see it now, $5000 for undercoating and paint sealant.
Mracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004   #15
Solstice006

I need to talk to some dealers and at least get on some sort of list so that I can preorder one ASAP.
Solstice006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement