Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures - View Single Post - Hahn owners
Pontiac Solstice Pontiac Solstice Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures

SolsticeForums.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thread: Hahn owners
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006   #22
Clear Bra Installer

Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweety
Mr Bra-

Before I loosened the lock nut I had 4-5 threads showing.
I loosened the lock nut and attempted to turn the rod clockwise to reduce the threads but it can't be turned any more in that direction. In doing so, this would shorten the rod but there isn't any more that it can be turned in. the male threaded rod is in the female rod (going to the actuator) as far as it can go.
Are we to turn this out the other way to expose more threads?
Sorry tweety, I have yet to adjust mine as I was told to wait until I get the new flash. But if you lengthen the rod from what I was told, it will increase the boost pressure. Do you have a pressure guage on your system.

It was also suggested that I purchase a nice electronic boost controller by Aaron, not to increase the boost past 8 psi, but to be able to switch back and forth from 5 psi on launches and back to 8 psi after the launch. He said it saves street tires. Plus you can count on a rock solid 8psi and not play a guessing game by using a manual adjustment.

Also, a note for Carl. The new vector DashHawk lets me turn on the fans when ever I want, even with the engine off. Works great for cooling down after I have run it hard.

Clear
Clear Bra Installer is offline   Reply With Quote