Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures - View Single Post - Hahn owners
Pontiac Solstice Pontiac Solstice Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures

SolsticeForums.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thread: Hahn owners
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006   #19
tweety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear Bra Installer
Ok.

Here is my take on this. I personally spoke to Aaron at the Hahn booth at SEMA. The Stage III kit from what they says is pretty much an upgraded fuel pump and a retune with more boost. Should be ready by the years end from what they said.

As far as boost pressure, I too installed a boost guage and noticed that I was only getting about 7psi and when I talked to Aaron, he showed me the rod which can be screwed in to get more boost. I also live in an area where 91 octane is the only fuel so I am waiting on a reflash to work with 91 as I have to run 10 gal of 91 and 3 gal of 100 to be safe now.

Heatshield and PS relocation kit worked great. I definately notice the heat around surrounding components is much less. Still looks like I need to get a new plastic button for the hood as it is melted from before the heat shield.

I heard about all the bolt loosening on other cars so I did a daily drive and retighten for the first 7 days of use. Since then, I have checked them once a week and notice no backing out. Hopefully I am lucky.

I also installed the NGK plugs right from the get go and still experience the chug at cold idle, but when warmed up, it seems to run fairly smooth, pretty close to stock.

Well that's my experience thus far.

Clear

Let's talk about that rod to the actuator.
Are you unscrewing it to make the rod longer?
On mine, I loosened the lock nut and when I turned the rod, it would only go in one direction, exposing more threads and making the rod longer.
Would this be the correct direction?
tweety is offline   Reply With Quote