Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures - View Single Post - Hahn owners
Pontiac Solstice Pontiac Solstice Header Right

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures

SolsticeForums.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thread: Hahn owners
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006   #1
tweety

Hahn owners

I have been hearing many different things from many different owners regarding what we can or cannot do with these kits. This information is being passed along from the Hahn folks either by the tech dude, Aaron or by Bill himself.
Many items are misleading or so random that I would like to start something of a thread that can collect these bits of information and see what type of a puzzle we can make.
Before getting started, keep in mind that there may be things that are region specific but this seems dumb if we want to drive the cars our of our local area.

Last night the other Houston Sol that I installed the kit in came by for a slight enhancement to his motor cover and explained to me what he has been doing under the Aaron-guidance to improve his stock kit to put out 10, yes you read right, 10 PSI!!!
According to Aaron, this max setting will NOT damage our cars.
Tim, the owner, went and bought a gauge to read the stock set up. It was pushing 7 psi only.
Under the housing there is a threaded rod that goes to the wastegate. Most of us will show 10-14 threads. Turn it in until you see about 4. This will increase the boost.
I rode in his car last night and it was not even the same car as mine. 2-3 shift broke the tires free. Yeah- it's that much more boost!!!
In addition, he added a Greddy blow off which I think is much louder under heavy purge but normal use sounds just like the stock crap.
Lastly, he was told to change to a NGK V-tip plug commonly used in Subaru machines. Cheap plugs at $5.00/box of four. This suggestion again from Aaron was as he put it, "...what we found to run better...". According to Tim, it handles the richness better regarding to the debris on the tail of the car and also just about removes that chugging at idle that some of us have with the new tunes.
At the time of the install, I didn't mount his shield because I needed him to chase down torque as the bolts settled in. He has it in now and you know, it looks very good installed.
Oh, and get this. You can touch the shield right after he pulls up without burning your hand. Go figure Bill! Shield = no melting of surrounding parts.
tweety is offline   Reply With Quote