Pontiac Solstice Pontiac Solstice Header Right

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures

SolsticeForums.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures

Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures (https://www.solsticeforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Picture/Media Post (https://www.solsticeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Front bumper photoshopped. What you think? (https://www.solsticeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8898)

Slipstream 04-25-2004 11:56 AM

Front bumper photoshopped. What you think?

1 Attachment(s)
I am not really hot on the stock grille design and played around with the bumper in PS a bit. I gave it a sort of RX8 style. The change isn't that radical and would probably be really easy for someone to make for real. I like it, do you guys?

psychosquirrel 04-25-2004 12:32 PM

Ummmmmmmm no :rolleyes:

The stock grill looks great imo, that's one of the best styling cues of the Solstice.

The one you designed looks a bit too "happy" and not very aggressive, i'm trying to be honest, don't take the criticism personally.

Slipstream 04-25-2004 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychosquirrel
Ummmmmmmm no :rolleyes:

The stock grill looks great imo, that's one of the best styling cues of the Solstice.

The one you designed looks a bit too "happy" and not very aggressive, i'm trying to be honest, don't take the criticism personally.

To each their own :) I just happen to like an open bumper rather than one filled in all flush like that. It is just a really different design from everything else on the road and will take time to get used to for me.

robrecht 04-25-2004 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipstream
I am not really hot on the stock grille design and played around with the bumper in PS a bit. I gave it a sort of RX8 style. The change isn't that radical and would probably be really easy for someone to make for real. I like it, do you guys?

Very, very nice IMHO!

blankenship 04-26-2004 08:36 AM

I like it!! I think every aspect of the car looks amazing. Although it took me a while to get used to the front grill. I like your tweeked version.

TR6 02-11-2005 01:50 PM

For the past 3 years I have been trying to get used to the front grill. The rest of the car looks fantastic. Maybe it will look better in my garage (facing in) - OR - I'll just have to get used to it over time. - TR6

mpmacal 02-24-2005 06:10 PM

Hmmm....

I really thought about it. I like the original version better. More of a classic look... right out of the 50's. Your adjustments make the front looked more modern, but also chopped... more jalopy than roadster.

pyrofenix 03-02-2005 01:49 PM

Personally it looks too much like a porsche...

Nice work though.

Nocturn 03-04-2005 09:21 PM

Think someone can photoshop some recessed grills like on the GTOs Sport Appearance package?

Daillestchop 03-15-2005 12:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hows about this for a front bumper replacement

2091351 03-15-2005 02:19 PM

Looks great!!!

Where does the air go??

Might need a larger exit in the fender area.

Steve

:bouncy:

Daillestchop 03-15-2005 07:15 PM

where does the air go?! wut do u mean? there's the Pontiac grille, which i made shorter which doesnt make any difference and then there are those 2 massive holes at the sides and then the longer shorter one at the bottom of the grille...the air has plenty of places to go. If you'r asking where in the engine compartment it goes...well....thats easy...it goes to the radiator so it could cool the engine...but im not gonna go a put that in there....the chop was merely to give an idea of a really kickass bumper replacement as opposed to the one that slipstream designed.

2091351 03-16-2005 07:59 AM

All of that air has to exit somewhere if those holes are functional.

If you just push it down under the car, at speed it could cause problems.

Datona GTP's put vents on top of the fenders to let some of it out.

Take care-Steve

Daillestchop 03-16-2005 10:32 AM

oh....now i kno wut ur saying....actually, i took that front bumper from a Porsche tuned by techart. they dont seem to have a problem with aerodynamics with it, in fact, that bumper actually lowers the drag coefficient and helps the airflow throught the car, and those big holes at the sides, they direct air to cool the brakes. but i guess i can incorporate some vents at the top for example, at the top of the wheels or on the hood.

2091351 03-16-2005 01:31 PM

10-4, You might be able to increase the side ones also. Actually make them functional, I should have said.

There has to be a balance between the under and over air flow, in the best of all worlds, the car should suck down onto the road. The faster, the more downforce.

I love the splitter. I wonder how long it would last? I have hosed up the sway bar mounts on my car because it's so low and I mess up and pull too far into a parking spot.

Keep up the great work.

Steve

:)