Canadian Solstice [Archive] - Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures

: Canadian Solstice

Mac
01-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Hey Everybody,

My first time posting an entry, but anyways...I have been reading these forums for a while and have been wondering mostly about the Pontiac Solstice to be released in Canada. If anyone would care to visit GM's canadian website....Just wondering...Whats the word with regards to specs? Because these Canadian specs are lookin pretty good!

Any views on this? :banasex0r <---This thing is soo cool

Mac

http://www.gmcanada.com/english/vehicles/2005/pontiac/solstice/

psychosquirrel
01-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Regarding if the Solstice will come to Canada, that is a definite YES. I emailed some GM execs a while ago and squeezed an answer out of one of the head GM Canada guys. He wants me to send him a digital photo of me in the car when I buy it.

As for WHEN the car comes out, i have no clue. There are alot of rumors and educated guesses about a summer launch. It would make sense for timing, Summer Solstice, sun shining, great time for some topless motoring. However, I am unsure if Pontiac can supply enough cars for the initial demand (i predict it will be in HIGH demand).

Therefore, I am not even considering buying my Solstice in 2005. There are many reasons why i want to delay purchasing, for example, first year cars = more likely to have problems, highly likely to be marked up by jerks at automalls, and last but not least, SHOW ME THE GXP! and I will SHOW YOU MY MONEY!!!

That being said, i will get alot of pics at the Vancouver auto show, and hopefully a test drive later this year. *Fingers-crossed* I hope they give out some details about a GXP version by late 2005 or early 2006.

*EDIT* Sorry, i checked your link only after replying. The GM Canada website is hopelessly out of date. The model they have pictured is the concept and the concept specs. However, the production car looks virtually identical (minor differences). BUT the engine for the production car is not the 240hp as described at GM Canada. You will be able to get a 170~hp 2.4L Solstice this summer/fall though. I think GM is holding back the forced induction version for the GXP model if they make one.