Pontiac unveils 2007 Solstice GXP! - Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures
Pontiac Solstice Pontiac Solstice Header Right

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forums, Discussion, Pictures > Pontiac Solstice News / Updates

SolsticeForums.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-01-2006   #1
JayC

Pontiac unveils 2007 Solstice GXP!

GM has released pictures of the Solstice GXP ahead of its debut at next week's Los Angeles Auto Show. The GXP is powered by GM's 2-liter turbocharged Ecotec inline four, good for 260 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque, making it the power leader in the Ecotec engine family. The new 4-valve per cylinder Ecotec turbo features direct injection (a first for GM North America) and piston oil spray cooling. Other features include 18-inch wheels, a limited slip differential, and a choice of 5-speed manual or automatic. 0-60 times are said to be less than 5.5 seconds. The GXP should appear in dealerships in the fall.

Source: Autoblog
JayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #2
uncivilracer

Any word if this will be an add on for the stock solstice. I am wanting to add a turbo or S/C to mine but would like for it to be an option on it like dodge does with the mopar stage upgrades...
uncivilracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #3
0311srt

no its nto an upgrade.....its like buying the Neon srt...you cant upgrade a sxt neon into an SRT you have to buy it that way

Im thinking about trading in my srt for one of these GXP's though.
0311srt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #4
thaprofessor33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0311srt
no its nto an upgrade.....its like buying the Neon srt...you cant upgrade a sxt neon into an SRT you have to buy it that way

Im thinking about trading in my srt for one of these GXP's though.
I will be trading in my SRT for the GXP. Just one issue I have with the GXP is that in all the pics I have yet to see a boost gauge. Are you on the GXP forum?
thaprofessor33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #5
DRichel

Anyone heard the base price of the new 2007 GXP??? I see release is set for fall 2006. Anyone know specific month?
DRichel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #6
mpmacal

I will be trading in my SRT for the GXP. Just one issue I have with the GXP is that in all the pics I have yet to see a boost gauge.

There is one. On the steering wheel there is a Driver Info button. You can cycle through Trip A, Trip B, Odometer, Milage, Miles to go, and a neat little Turbo Boost speed bar.
mpmacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #7
Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprofessor33
I will be trading in my SRT for the GXP. Just one issue I have with the GXP is that in all the pics I have yet to see a boost gauge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpmacal
There is one. On the steering wheel there is a Driver Info button. You can cycle through Trip A, Trip B, Odometer, Milage, Miles to go, and a neat little Turbo Boost speed bar.
Exactly one year and one day between question and answer.

That has to be a record, eh?

ClearImage long tube exhaust headers, ClearImage hi-flow catalytic converter, Magnaflow 12267 exhaust, Big-Bore throttle body, functional exhaust vents on hood, red racing stripes on a Sly 2006 Solstice with custom ECM retune on dyno.

111,600 miles as of 09/09/2011.

Link to active member list (work in progress):

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007   #8
masssrt

wow, 1 year between q n a lol. so any of you srt guys get a gxp?
like it?
masssrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #9
Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisclark View Post
Woww..Looks awesome... what will be the cost and other features ..............please
My friend, please pay attention to what is said in the very first post, which was made OVER SIX YEARS AGO.

The Pontiac Solstice GXP (GXP means it is a turbo) was a 2007 model-year to be available in the fall of 2006, and indeed the first one in Texas was delivered in September 2006, looks just like the one in the photos. In fact, I got photos of that first one at the railyard here in north Houston, it was delivered to a friend of mine, and he still has it.

They made them in 2007, 2008, and 2009, and now there are no more new Pontiacs of any style, the company is Kaput.

So look for a used one, although I recommend not going with the turbo, get an NA and add super-charging to it, you'll beat the turbos off the line, and MAYBE the turbos can pass you by the end of the quarter-mile, but where can you race that long unless you're on the racetrack?

ClearImage long tube exhaust headers, ClearImage hi-flow catalytic converter, Magnaflow 12267 exhaust, Big-Bore throttle body, functional exhaust vents on hood, red racing stripes on a Sly 2006 Solstice with custom ECM retune on dyno.

111,600 miles as of 09/09/2011.

Link to active member list (work in progress):

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Gizmo; 05-23-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012   #10
howelryan14

awesome looking car!
howelryan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement